We want our workforce development leaders to be inclusive and equitable in the important work they do.
The Equity Works Leadership Institute (EWLI) program builds adaptive leaders to lead inclusively and equitably in the field of workforce development. Individuals from Greater MN, working in state agencies and private firms are part of this leadership cohort.
What is Equity Works Leadership Institute?
We seek individuals committed to equity in Minnesota’s workforce development sector! The process of actively making change within institutions and systems must take into account the unique attributes of the leader, the complexity of the system and the culture of the organization. As an Equity Works Leadership Institute (EWLI) participant, you will build adaptive leadership competencies to lead inclusively and equitably in the field of workforce development. Individuals from Greater MN, working in state agencies and private firms are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Build leadership skills in individual changemakers in workforce development.
- Identify, investigate and disseminate workforce development practices that address the equity crisis impacting communities of color and American Indians.
- Explore national workforce development case studies in hiring & retention, employer relationships, and service models.
- Share and further develop practical program adaptation and implementation methods across the sector.
- Examine policy and program guidelines through the lens of equity.
- Currently work in the field of workforce development. This includes but is not limited to those working at county workforce development centers, community based organizations, Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, Minnesota Employment and Economic Development, Minnesota Department of Human Services, Adult Basic Education providers, and private philanthropic funders.
- Commit to being an ambassador for equity in Minnesota’s Workforce Development sector.
In 2017 and 2018, we ran two cohorts of this project. Another will be launching in Fall 2018. Stay tuned for application materials.
If you have any questions or need clarity, please contact Isadora Tabue, Equity Works Program Manager directly at email@example.com or 612.624.6388.